A lot of my friends an family know I'm vegan (or at least try to be, as much as possible), because I love animals--and the meat and dairy industry is barbaric. I've found a lot of alternatives for things I love, like: Ice cream, jerky, and well--butter. Because, you know--cookies. If you want to know what I buy, just message me on facebook or instagram--or tweet me.
I'm from Texas; and like most Texans, I love ranch dressing. So, I set out to find a vegan-ranch recipe, but couldn't find one that wasn't soupy or was salty enough; so, I modified. Today, I was playing in the kitchen to concoct a vegan, ranch dressing! It's delicious and tastes like real deal--like the kind grandma used to make; I swear. Make it for your meat eating friends; they'll be asking you for the recipe and will be astonished to find its not made with buttermilk and/or sour cream.
It only has seven ingredients and it's easy to make, if you have a blender. I have a handheld blender and poured everything into the cup shown above, and went to town. And, it took me all of two whole minutes to make.
- 2/3 cup of oil (don't use palm oil because the production of it destroys rainforests and their residents).
- a little less than 1/2 cup of Almond milk--unsweetened/unflavored (Less is more: you can always add, but can't take away.)
- A handful of fresh parsley
- 1 tsp garlic
- 7-14 turns of a salt grinder (salt content is completely up to you--salt is my weakness)
- 3 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3-4 turns turns of a peppercorn grinder (optional)
- 1 half of an avacado
Put it all in your blender and go to town for a few rotations until it's smooth and creamy. Don't blend too much or the ranch will start to turn green.
Voilà! Vegan ranch dressing! 🙌 Let me know if you make it--and post your photos! It's salad and veggie dipping time!